Having spent 18 years in the recruitment industry in some very senior positions Jo Smith is extremely knowledgeable of all required recruitment legislation. This ensures that she operates Trapeze in the most professional and compliant way.
During her recruitment career she has been a GLA Licence Authorised person, the Stronger Together named representative and has managed and trained many employees, making sure that they and the companies she has worked for are fully complaint with all areas of legislation and comply and work to the REC code of conduct.
With the recent introduction of the GDPR, Jo really embraces this legislation and feels many elements of it will have a positive impact on the recruitment industry and potentially stop some bad practices that takes place. With reference to this legislation please see below how Trapeze complies with it providing our clients and candidates with total transparency:
- Due to the fact that Trapeze does not deal with the temporary marketplace minimal sensitive personal data is actually stored and processed, only the work history of candidates and their contact details. However, Trapeze will only store and process the information of candidates if their consent has been obtained at every stage of the recruitment process.
- The Recruitment CRM Trapeze has invested in since the launch of the business is one of the best in the market (Voyager). Voyager is hosted on Microsoft’s highly respected Azure cloud platform.
- Trapeze’s IT is supported by J&J Systems www.jjsystems.co.uk who undertake the following;
- Management of software licences
- Management of operating systems, applications and patching
- Management of malware & antivirus software
- Desktop pc & laptop firewall configuration
- Trapeze does not use laptops and all mobile phones that could hold personal data are encrypted
- Trapeze operates a paperless policy
- Trapeze has never and will never send candidates to clients without speaking with the candidate first
- Trapeze does not send marketing emails to their clients or candidates and only works with people that they have a relationship with and whom have provided full consent to work with them.
- Trapeze is a REC (Recruitment & Employment Confederation) member and has recently completed and passed the compliance exam to obtain this membership.
Should you what to find out more about Trapeze’s level of compliance please get in contact with Jo.
I have worked with Jo for nearly 5 years, she is extremely professional and a pleasure to work with. Her knowledge of the Kent employment market and recruitment in general is exceptional and she is always happy to provide support or advice when required. On a personal level I find her friendly, open and honest, possessing a clear passion for people and recruitment.