Christmas is here! The time of frantically running around the shops, writing out Christmas cards, watching the same old Christmas classics and eating way too much! But what about job searching?
It is very common for people put their job searches on hold over the Christmas period for a number of reasons; such as wanting to spend time with family and friends, being busy with Christmas get togethers & parties, using the time off to relax & catch up on some much-needed sleep, or thinking employers won’t be looking for new staff at this time.
However, businesses do still look for new talent over the Christmas period and you could be missing out if you don’t start looking for your new job now! While most people are taking a break from work over Christmas and New Year, the Christmas holiday can be a great time to search for jobs, prepare applications and perfect your interview skills.
Here are just some reasons why Christmas is a good time to find a new job for 2019:
- A lot of people save their job hunt for January, which means there is a huge rush of job seekers looking for new jobs after Christmas. Beat this rush and get in there first!
- There are a lot of people who put their job search on hold over Christmas, which means less competition for you if you continue looking for a new role.
- HR Managers are easier to reach as there are less people to deal with and they are always looking for potential applicants, so by beating the rush, your CV will stand more chance of being seen.
- Christmas is also the end of the year, which means businesses may have hiring budget left to use before the end of the year and will want to make sure people start as early as possible in January to ensure that this budget in not lost.
- It gives you time to make sure your CV is up to date and relevant for the job you are applying for. If you would like some useful hints & tips, read our blog here ‘Is My CV Okay?’ Invest time in your CV before pressing submit and think about what the person reading your CV wants to see. No matter your experience, skills or education, be proud of your CV and truly sell yourself.
We wish you all the luck in the world with finding your new job for 2019! If you would like to see our current vacancies across Kent, visit our vacancies section here. Your perfect job may be waiting for you!